Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Teacher

My name is Seann Combs, also known as "That Guy at MES". This is my second year at Macclenny Elementary, although I previously taught K-5 in Gainesville. I am a graduate of Baker County High School, Lake City Community College, and Saint Leo University.

There are probably three million reasons why I love teaching third grade, but perhaps one of the strongest reasons comes from the fact that I like helping students discover their passions. I am a fan of approaching new and familiar ideas from several standpoints and letting students determine how they learn best.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." So often children are told to sit, write, and read, but seldom are they told to sing, dance, infer, play, create or explore. It is my hope that you will partner with me by encouraging your child to discover how they can be involved in the learning process.

I look forward to meeting you at Open House!

Sincerely,

Seann Combs


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment